16 days ago
Chevy Chase, MD
- Day-1 Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits for eligible colleagues
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Holiday Time-Off & Flexible Scheduling
- Instant access to earned wages with PayActiv
- Enhanced benefits: pet, home & auto insurance & more
- 401(k) plan options available
- Bonus earning opportunities
- Growth potential opportunities
- Employee Discount at Bloomingdale’s & Macy’s Stores
Bloomingdale’s is like no other store in the word and as we approach our 150th anniversary, we strive to continue that promise. As a global leader in the industry, we make fashion personal and fun, aspirational, yet approachable and are fueled by the power of relationships both with our customers and colleagues. As America’s only full-line, omni-channel upscale retailer, we drive the customer experience through leveraging the creative energy and style know-how of our department and outlet store teams, or through visual inspiration on Bloomingdales.com.
As a Bloomingdale's Asset Protection/Loss Prevention Detective you are responsible for protecting the assets and people of your location. Our Asset Protection/Loss Prevention training program will provide you with the knowledge and tools to do the job while you grow in responsibility. Use innovative technology and dive deep into analytics as you exercise your investigative skills on our asset protection team. Each detective is charged with maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the execution of their duties within the store.
- Greet and welcome all customers while on the selling floor
- Identify, observe and apprehend individual(s) for committing theft by shoplifting
- Knowledge of state laws and statues as related to the crime of shoplifting and apprehensions
- Participate in store shortage reduction program, including working in partnership with specific departments
- Maintain building safety and security; open and close the building when appropriate
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years related experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team
- Must satisfy licensing requirements (as required by state or local jurisdiction)
- Experience operating and monitoring CCTV systems
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May occasionally involve reaching above eye level, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Must be able to apprehend shoplifters
- Ability to sustain long periods of time enclosed in surveillance areas.
- Frequently lift/move up to 30lbs
This position may be eligible for performance-based incentives/bonuses. Benefits include 401k, medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance options, PTO accruals, Holidays, and more. Eligibility requirements may apply based on location, job level, classification, and length of employment. Additional benefit details are available at bloomingdalesJOBS.com.