27 days ago
- Day-1 Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits for eligible colleagues
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Holiday Time-Off & Flexible Scheduling
- Fully Funded Education Benefits (100% tuition coverage including books and fees)
- Instant access to earned wages with PayActiv
- Enhanced benefits: pet, home & auto insurance & more
- 401(k) plan options available
- Bonus earning opportunities
- Growth potential opportunities
- Employee Discount at Bloomingdale’s & Macy’s Stores
Bloomingdale’s makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale’s like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
A Bloomingdale’s Asset Protection Visual Security Officer’s (VSO) primary role is to provide a visible and welcoming presence at the customer entrance that helps deter theft while aiding the customer shopping experience. The Visual Security Officer will support the store by helping to provide a safe environment for our customers and our colleagues. The Visual Security Officer will greet and engage customers and offer assistance. Our Asset Protection training program will provide you with the knowledge and tools to do the job while you grow in responsibility. Each Visual Security Officer is charged with maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the execution of their duties within the store.
- Greets and welcomes customers while on the selling floor
- Visually monitor customer traffic entering and exiting the store
- Deter theft via visual observation
- Maintain a safe business environment
- Communicate suspicious activity to Asset Protection/Security
Qualifications and Competencies:
- No Education or Experience Required
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May occasionally involve reaching above eye level, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Frequently lift/move up to 30lbs
This position may be eligible for performance-based incentives/bonuses. Benefits include 401k, medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance options, PTO accruals, Holidays, and more. Eligibility requirements may apply based on location, job level, classification, and length of employment. Additional benefit details are available at bloomingdalesJOBS.com.