Uncle Giuseppe's is a gourmet Market with 11 stores, located in NY and NJ. We are currently seeking a FT Loss Prevention-Asset Protection Investigator with responsibility for our Port Jefferson and Babylon Stores. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, 401(K), life insurance, 50% off lunch, 25% off in store shopping and more!
The Loss Prevention – Asset Protection Investigator is responsible for executing key initiatives relating to theft, operational accountability, shrink and safety for specific Uncle Giuseppe’s Locations. The Loss Prevention – Asset Protection Investigator must be proactive with all loss prevention and safety concerns of store associates and managers in their set locations. This position reports directly to the Risk Manager – Asset Protection Manager.
• Conducts surveillance of the store as well as utilizing CCTV system to identify, observe and deter individuals from committing
theft of our property
• Partner with store management to meet strategic asset protection goals and awareness
• Provide clear and consistent training to all store personnel on safety compliance, new hire training, and measures through
• Conduct investigations and interviews for inventory, cash loss, company policy violations, etc.
• Demonstrate your ability and expertise by ensuring security standards are always maintained and adhered to
• Maintain the integrity of physical inventory by monitoring reports and audits on a daily and monthly basis
• Be responsible for training store associates on awareness and Asset Protection policies and procedures
• Organize and conduct annual store inventory
• Develop shortage strategies for merchandise groups, paperwork controls, and shortage awareness
• Other duties and functions as assigned
• BS Degree in Criminal Justice or related field
• A minimum of 2 years Asset Protection experience, large volume retail environment preferred
• Ability to quickly learn Uncle G’s standards, procedures and store customer flow
• Strong communication and leadership skills
• Experienced with retail procedures as well a in depth knowledge of criminal and civil processes and proceedings
• Working knowledge of retail security and information systems
• Must have excellent understanding of MS Office Suite and field represented software programs
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.