We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a talented Asset Protection Specialist to join our Wayfair Retail Asset Protection team. This is an incredible and unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing eCommerce company and to help build a department from the ground up – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
The Asset Protection Specialist will be responsible for maintaining the highest levels of safety and security for Wayfair associates and customers each day. This position will provide support to all applicable stakeholders in the event of an emergency. This individual will be part of a dynamic Retail Asset Protection team whose mission is to provide world class support to our partners. The Asset Protection Specialist will report to the Asset Protection Manager and advise on any developing opportunities.
We have full-time and part-time opportunities available.
What You’ll Do :
- Greet and check-in all visitors, suppliers, contractors, and employees as they arrive and offer assistance and guidance as necessary.
- Be responsible for the security environment by monitoring alarms, access control, CCTV and events that may impact Wayfair’s operations and assets.
- Respond to incidents and/or crisis events that occur or could potentially impact Wayfair’s operations.
- Perform key duties and be the key point of contact for first responders in the event of an emergency, injury, or incident.
- Conduct daily safety and physical security assessments of the building and document findings.
- Maintain detailed records of communications and events, including incident reporting and daily activity reporting.
- Manage and handle sensitive incidents while maintaining the company’s and affected individual's confidentiality.
- Responsible for knowing all site-specific policies and procedures, and implementing emergency response activities as appropriate.
- Work in partnership with the Asset Protection Manager and Asset Protection Lead on asset protection related initiatives and investigations.
- Work with site leadership to resolve safety and physical security related issues.
- Responsible for following all company procedures, maintaining acceptable attendance, and adhering to all grooming and customer service standards.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 1+ years experience in asset protection or security required
- A flexible schedule (nights, weekends and some holidays) required
- Apprehension experience required
- Experience with access control systems and CCTV systems preferred
- Ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time required
- Demonstrated ability to be very customer service oriented, with the ability to professionally interact with all levels of individuals in a courteous manner, and to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unsafe required
- Professionalism and ability to use good independent judgment and discretion required
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required