- Performs the following under the direction of the Loss Prevention/Safety Manager:
- Assists the Loss Prevention/Safety Manager in providing staff assistance to Exchange management for planning, developing, implementing, and
evaluating loss prevention programs which include; safety, physical security, and operational review functions. Recommends and assists in
implementing modifications to programs, procedures, standards, and techniques on all matters involving loss prevention, asset protection and safety to
improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists with assigned internal and external theft investigations, suspected unethical conduct, accidents, workplace violence, fraud, waste or abuse to
ensure that activities are conducted within the framework of established departmental investigative policies and protocols. This may include oversight on
overnight surveillance activities, covert camera installations, investigations, and the interviewing of dishonest associates, vendors and contractors.
Prepares and ensures that results of all investigations are documented professionally in reports according to departmental standards.
- Assists the Loss Prevention/Safety Manager as a collateral duty safety supervisor to provide a safe and secure working and shopping environment for
all associates and patrons. Assists in administering the Navy Occupational Safety and Health and Fire Prevention Program to ensure adherence with the
safety provisions of applicable Department of Navy codes and standards. Will ensure safety training, awareness programs, safety committees, and
accident prevention programs are implemented in all locations as assigned.
- Assist in the development and supervision of loss prevention / safety staff as assigned, and ensures these individuals are adhering to established loss
prevention/safety policies and procedures as outlined in the loss prevention/safety manual.
- Assists in developing and establishing shrink committees and shrink action plans to identify causes of inventory shrink and execute appropriate
internal control measures.
- Assists in the management of the physical security programs (CCTV, EAS, Alarms, and key control systems) to ensure strict enforcement of these
- Participate and assist in fiscal year end store inventories to include; inventory preparation, taking, and the reconciliation process and report any
irregularities to the Loss Prevention/Safety Manager, General/Store Manager or corporate as warranted
- Possess a thorough understanding and effectively use web-based case management reporting systems and ensure the Loss Prevention / Safety staff
is utilizing this software effectively as required.
- Possess a thorough understanding and effectively use all POS exception based reporting tools and ensure the Loss Prevention / Safety staff are
properly trained and are utilizing this software effectively in detecting, investigating, and resolving problems.
- Actively participate in personal and professional development of loss prevention/safety associates as assigned by the Loss Prevention/Safety
Manager, District Loss Prevention/Safety Manager and/or Director, Loss Prevention/Safety (CONUS/OCONUS). These include in-store/corporate
training, industry standard professional training and collegiate courses in retail, business, safety, and loss prevention.
- Develop and ensure strong relationships, partnerships, and communication skills at all levels of the organization to include Corporate, District, Store
Operations, as well as other Loss Prevention/Safety Industry professionals.
- Develops strong relationships with command, base, federal, and local law enforcement officials.
- Works under general supervision of the Loss Prevention/Safety Manager. Support all loss prevention /safety initiatives as assigned. Work is
performed within the framework of Loss Prevention /Safety Program mission, vision, objectives, policies and procedures. Work is reviewed and
evaluated for regulatory and procedural compliance and in terms of overall efficiency in providing security for the Navy Exchange and protection of its
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Incumbents of this position are required to obtain and maintain a secret DOD Security Clearance.
You must apply directly at https://www.mynavyexchange.com/nex/work-for-us
and use REQ ID: 230003WI to be considered for this position.