What This Position is All About:
The Asset Protection Director is responsible for monitoring shortage results, investigations and apprehensions regarding internal and external theft in a large volume, flagship store. They will also aid in the implementation of store safety programs at the flagship store. Additionally, the Asset Protection Director is responsible for recruiting, retaining and developing the Asset Protection staff and for training store associates on awareness and Asset protection policies and procedures.
Who You Are:
• Puts the needs of internal and external customers first. Seeks customer information when improving products and services. Acts with customers in mind, great networking and relationship management.
• Often goes above and beyond their goals. Is consistently a top performer and elevates the performance of others. Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions. Sets and communicates a clear vision.
• Comfortable with change and challenging convention. Willing to take calculated risks when necessary, an out of the box thinker that shines in brainstorming sessions.
• Constantly looking for opportunity to improve the way things are done.
• You have the proven ability to deal responsibly with sensitive material and private matters.
• You thrive in a fast-paced environments and can easily shift priorities and implement balance in your workload. - You are comfortable with physical work where standing and occasional lifting up to 25 lbs may be required.
You Also Have:
• Bachelor's degree required
• Wicklander-Zulawski certification is considered is a plus but not required
• Technologically savvy
• Minimum 5 years Asset Protection experience, large volume retail environment preferred
As The Director of Asset Protection, You Will:
• Oversee and ensure the integrity of physical inventory by monitoring reports and audits on a daily and monthly basis with the Asset Protection Investigators
• Recruit, retain and train all Asset Protection Investigators in the store
• Direct, coach, and counsel the performance of Asset Protection Investigators
• Develop shortage strategies for merchandise groups, paperwork controls, and shortage awareness - Work with any internal investigators to address internal and external theft
• Communicate and oversee reward programs, such as the Quest Program
• Communicate safety awareness and address potential hazards to protect internal and external customers - Utilize software proprietary to Saks Fifth Avenue for conducting internal and external investigations - Protect company assets (audit merchandise sensors and cables, review salvage processing for accuracy, and track store shortage)
Your Life and Career at SFA:
• Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
• Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
• A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
• Benefits package for all eligible full-time associates (including medical, vision and dental).
• An amazing associate discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks Fifth Avenue.
We look forward to reviewing your application. Saks Fifth Avenue provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks Fifth Avenue complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. SFA welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.