Our values start with our people, join a team that values you!
We are the nation’s largest off-price retailer with over 2,000 stores, and a strong track record of success and growth. Our focus has always been bringing our customers a constant stream of high-quality brands and on-trend merchandise at extraordinary savings. All while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience.
As part of our team, you will experience:
- Success. Our winning team pursues excellence while learning and evolving
- Career growth. We develop industry leading talent because Ross grows when our people grow
- Teamwork. We work together to solve the hard problems and find the right solution
- Our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, and our community. We celebrate the backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us because our differences make us stronger. We strive to be a positive force in our community.
Our Corporate headquarters are in Dublin, CA, we have 3 buying offices in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, and 7 distribution centers nationwide. With 2022 revenues of $18.7 billion, we are a Fortune 500 company who is committed to providing an inclusive work environment with continuous learning opportunities and development for our teams.
Come see what’s in store: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/aboutGENERAL PURPOSE:
The Senior Store Protection Specialist works in partnership with the Store Manager (SM), Area Loss Prevention Manager (ALPM) and Ross Investigative & Safety Center (RISC) to mitigate external theft in Stores by providing service to customers demonstrating the intent to cause loss and coordinating with law enforcement to resolve external theft incidents and trespass known theft subjects from Stores.
Mitigating Theft & Fraud
- Partners with ALPM and RISC to monitor Store and Corporate level reporting to identify possible external theft activity and trends in store
- Monitors entrances/exits and sales floor for potential theft by identifying suspicious behaviors and activity
- Identifies and interacts with Customers exhibiting behaviors that demonstrate the intent to cause loss or commit fraud
- Identifies theft indicators and utilizes intelligence to validate external theft incidents
- Reports and provides supporting evidence of external theft incidents to ALPM and RISC
- Upon approval from the ALPM, responsible for coordinating with law enforcement to resolve external theft incidents
Maintaining a Safe & Secure Environment
- Partners with local law enforcement to respond to safety and security incidents
- Practices safe behaviors when interacting with Customers and Associates
- Alerts management to safety hazards and risks observed (i.e. blocked emergency exits, blocked electrical panels, etc.)
- Responsible for coordinating with law enforcement to issue and enforce trespasses with prior approval
Minimizing Operational Shortage
- Alerts management to observed operational gaps driving external theft (i.e. fitting room, front end, building security, etc.)
Developing Great Teams & Partnerships
- Regularly communicates and provides detailed incident recaps to ALPM and RISC
- Builds partnership and collaborates with local law enforcement to resolve external theft cases upon approval
- Partners and collaborates with store leadership and operational partners. May include, but not limited to, feedback, conference calls, meetings, store visits, etc.
- Executes other duties as assigned to support Loss Prevention initiatives.
- Manages Work Processes
- Business Acumen
- Leading by Example
- Plans, Aligns & Prioritizes
- Communicates Effectively
- Building Talent
- Ensures Accountability and Execution
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School education or equivalent required, AA degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and within a team in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external partners including law enforcement
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain working relationships with associates at all levels of the organization
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively problem solve with the proper sense of urgency
- Must be able to comply with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations for security positions, including but not limited to, additional background screening, physical examination, fingerprinting and/or drug and alcohol testing as required
- Ability to make quality judgment in little to no response time
- Experience in Loss prevention, security, or retail preferred
- Candidates with current and valid security guard registration card preferred
- Successful completion of Senior Store Protection Specialist training, as applicable, can act as an advantage
Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to 8 hours per day)
Must be able to raise or lower objects weighing up to 25 lbs, from one level to another (includes upward pulling)
Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, or crouch (frequency and duration will vary per daily business need)
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see and observe physical behavior and information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.